Tuesday 2 April 2024

Karpool (karaoke) interview: my thoughts on creativity

Anyone who followed any part of my professional journey over the 7 years I was Tumuaki leading Te Huruhuru Ao o Horomaka Hornby High School (2016-2023) will know that the most essential component of the change I tried to engineer was to embed creativity into the kura, to make creativity the essential ethos of all that we did. 

Was I successful? It's not for me to judge, but for others... the akonga, the kaiako, the whānau .. but I tried. On the back of that, I was recently invited to be a part of a carpool interview with Steve Zonneville, who along with along with Dave Armstrong has pioneered the 'Forty Hour Principal' project.

Apologies in advance for the quality, I had to compress the video significantly to get it onto the blog. The video speaks for itself.



My answers (I hope) capture a lot of what I believe about creativity and education, and creativity and life. Here is the post in which I talked about creativity as an act of rebellion.

It's time we rebelled, it's time we nurtured and celebrated what makes us human. I reckon!!!

1 comment:

  1. Kia ora Robin ... outstanding!! This is going to be a very valuable resource for educators and leaders with practical examples of creativity and leadership. Not sure about that Muppet 'over the fence' that you referenced though!
    Ngā mihi Gary

    ReplyDelete